Following the Purbanchal University Act (1993), the Purbanchal University like any other University in the country has been shaped and structured as per the general mechanism of Universities in the World. The human resources available in the University-Vice Chancellor, Registrar, Deans, Directors, and others- have to perform their duty as per the provision made under the document.
Established Date – 1993
Address – Biratnagar, Nepal
Chancellor – Prime Minister of Nepal
- Faculty of Management
- Faculty of Science and Technology
- Faculty of Art
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Science and Allied Science
Why is it established?
- ” To develop this university as the model in fulfilling the national objectives of education’.The aim is to address the present issues and long-term sustainable development of the country, by alleviating the declining productivity of industries and agriculture, the increasing population and unemployment, the unsustainable development and erosion of natural resources, and the environmental deterioration and increasing vulnerability against human welfare.”
- Run professional and Technical Institutions of Career-oriented higher Education facilitating study, research and teaching programs related to various disciplines and promote the all-round development of its student, teachers and scholars abilities and personalities.
- Contribute to the creation of a comparative high competitive environment in higher education by extending and disseminating knowledge by fostering its efficient and effective application.
- Mobilize and utilize resources-local, national or International- with a view to introducing an improvement in the quality and effectiveness of its academic programs catering to the changing socio-economic needs of the country.
- Develop as a model institution of higher learning by correcting academic weaknesses of both public and private institutions.
Website – http://purbuniv.edu.np
Following are the list of the Bachelor Programs provided by the Purbanchal University (PU) and the data we have till now.